The ISM was initiated during the coordination efforts for the international day of action against the commercialization of education, which took place on November 5th 2008. It is the people and groups that use and shape the ISM who write collective statements, synergize efforts, coordinate, make signs and symbols, and continually expand the horizons of the struggle for free emancipatory education.
Here is our old website which was used to coordinate between 2008 and the spring of 2014.
Coordinated on the ISM so far:
- We are Students NOT Customers – Global Week of Action [Nov. 17-22nd 2014]
- Reclaim Education – A Global Week of Action [May 1-8th 2014]
- Global Wave of Action for Free Education [Nov. 17-23rd 2013]
- Global Education Strike [Oct. 18th + Nov. 14-22nd 2012]
- Global Weeks of Action for Education [Nov. 7-20th 2011]
- Spring of Resistance [March-May 2011]
- Global Wave of Action for Education [Oct./Nov. 2010]
- Education is NOT for $A£€ – Global Week of Action [Nov. 5th + 09-18th 2009]
- Reclaim your Education – Global Week of Action [April 20-29th 2009]
- International Day of Action against the Commercialisation of Education [Nov. 5th 2008]